Since 1983, Martin Dominick has developed dogs for various working purposes. This started with his own hunting dogs and then in 1986 he decided to take his dog training to a new level by joining the Royal Australian Air Force as a R.A.A.F Police Dog Handler (as the position was called in those days).
While Martin served as a R.A.A.F Police Dog Handler / Trainer during the mid 80′s early 90′s his skills as a specialist dog trainer where sought by others in the dog community outside of the Military. Martin’s career in the dog industry sky rocketed from there.
Martin holds numerous relevant certifications and has extensive experience in dog psychology, problem solving, Police Dog Training, Tracking, Detection Dog Training ( Explosives, Drugs etc. ). Since the early days Martin has not only been training dogs and their owners, but also educating the next generation of dog trainers. He has worked within, and developed programs for, government contracts such as the first round of Security Dogs for the State Rail in N.S.W, K9 Unit Response Teams for Dept. of Education N.S.W and services to Civil Aviation Sites in Sydney NSW.
His expertise in dog training is enviable. His team spend their time facilitating specialist canine related projects on an international and domestic basis but still deliver a grass roots dog training service working with families like yours to gain the best results in behaviour for you and your
The K9 Centre trains puppies who need early guidance, through to dogs with established problem behaviours, our dog trainers have seen it all, and can quickly achieve results that last without gimmicks.
The training methodology is based on the latest research and proven applications and is refined continuously to effectively train any dog for any application. Focusing on the underlying cause of undesirable behaviour The K9 Centre trainers will help integrate your dog into your family and keep it harmonious.
The K9 Centre promotes a range of dog training options, with K9 PuppySmart and K9 HomeSmart Programs being their flagship In-Home services. They are one-on-one lessons conducted in your own home. They also have a unique training option which is K9 BoardSmart . This is a program that starts from 10 days to 21 days where your dog is bought into the the trainers home environment, not a kennel. They start the training process for you.
For ongoing training, register for one of the programs offered Online, through their Online K9 Trainer portal. Have more questions send an email or call 1300 225 559 to discuss your requirements.
The K9 Centre’s Head Trainer, Martin Dominick, has the following Qualifications and Achievements.
- Member of the Royal Australian Air Force ( R.A.A.F ) Police Dog Squad ( Job description Certified R.A.A.F Police Military Working Dog Handler ) . Certificate IV in Police Dog Training and Handling & Certificate IV in Kennel Management.
- Recipient the Instructors Award. Received while on Basic Dog Course 1/87 at the RAAF Security and Fire School for attitude and dedication to his work.
- Co-founder for the first explosives license course for dog trainers to hold explosives for training.
- Certified Workplace Trainer and Assessor.
- Head Instructor for a Military Presidential K9 Unit. This position entails monitoring the training assessment and ongoing certification of the K9 Unit handlers and Detection dogs and V.I.P. Police trained dogs.
- Internationally Certified Micro Particle Detection Dog Trainer (SOKKS – MPTS)
- Maritime Security Identification Card Holder
- Academic Certification – Certified Canine Odour Source Detection Dog Trainer. According to the Internationally Approved Military /Police Standards Certified by the Centre for Behavioural Sciences of Canines (CSC).
- Co-Author Peer Reviewed Paper. Published British Scientific Journal.
Throughout his Dog Training and Business Career Martin has:
- Trained, sold dogs and conducted Dog training courses for Overseas Police, Military Forces and Quarantine Services.
- Delivered Onsite K9 Unit Development Courses for Presidential Security Groups and 5 Star Hotel Chains.
- Trained and Implemented Drug Detection and Security dog teams for Privately Owned Prisons.
- Trained and managed Security and Explosive detection dogs for the N.S.W. State Rail Authority & the NSW Department of Education.
- Trained over 30 individually owned Termite Detection Dogs for members of the Pest Control and building industry in Australia and overseas.
- Trained guard/dog teams for general patrol work.
- Train dogs in the Solomon Islands for Gold Ridge Gold Mines.
- Trained Explosives Detection Dogs for other private Australian Businesses
- Designed dog training courses and course content for overseas dog squads
- Trained Explosive Detection Dogs for overseas government departments.
- Trained and Supplied dogs to the Japanese Search and Rescue Association and Japanese Dog School Instructors
- Trained and Supplied Drug Detection Dogs for overseas and Australian clients.
- Trained Many family pets that were lost causes and on the verge of death row.
- Trained dogs for the disabled Wheelchair companions and for the severely disabled.
- Dogs for television: Home and Away, Totally Wild, A Current Affair, Today Tonight, Brisbane Extra, Today and The Morning Show
- Trained and implemented the worlds first Termite Detection Dogs for Power Poles for a leading Australian electricity company.
- Trained three teams of 8 Explosives Detection Dogs and handlers for a major international company in three different countries.
- Trained Australia’s First Spotted-Tail Quoll Detection Dog
- Trained Australia’s First AFB Bee Disease Detection Dog
- Trained Drug Detection Customs dogs for an Overseas Government Customs Department and delivered an onsite handlers course.
- Has operational Explosives Detection Dogs and Drug Dogs and Handlers at the major transit centres in Australia.
- Set up Explosives Handler teams in Jakarta, and consulted in Burma, Philippines and Indonesia.
- And ….