Since 1983, Martin Dominick has been training dogs which started with his own dogs and in 1986 he decided to take his dog training to a new level and join the Royal Australian Air Force as a R.A.A.F Police Dog Handler (as the position was called in the early days).
And there it all began.
While Martin served as a R.A.A.F Police Dog Handler / Trainer during the mid 80′s early 90′s his skills as an awarded dog trainer where sought by others in the dog community outside of the R.A.A.F. Martins career in the dog industry sky rocketed from there. Martin holds certifications and has extensive experience in dog psychology & problem solving, Police Dog Training, Tracking, Detection Dog Training ( Explosives, Drugs etc. ) Search and Rescue. Since the early days Martin has not only been training dogs and their owners, but also educating the next generation of dog trainers and assisting government bodies train working dogs: such as the first round of Security Dogs for the state Rail in N.S.W, and N.S.W Education . His expertise in dog training is unrivaled in Australia, and now his team team of expert dog trainers spend their time not only still doing the specialist tasks on an international and domestic basis but with also working with families like yours to gain the best results to integrate a problem dog into the family without stress. We train puppies who need early guidance through to dogs with established problem behaviours, our dog trainers have seen it all, and can quickly achieve results that last without gimmicks. Our training methodology is based on the latest research and is refined continuously to effectively to train any dog in any application or to train your dog’s underlying cause of undesirable behaviour and improve their integration into your family and keep it harmonious. We have a range of dog training options, with our K9 PuppySmart and K9 HomeSmart, these re one-on-one lessons that can be conducted in your own home. We also have our K9 BoardSmart programs that start form 10 days to 21 days where our dog is bought into the the trainers home environment, not a kennel and we start on the the training for you. For ongoing training, we offer Online Dog Training Classes You can book any of our Dog training courses online, or why not call 1300 225 559 to discuss your unique requirements.
The K9 Centre’s head trainer Martin Dominick has the following Qualifications. Below is a brief outline of these and some dog related achievements:
- Member/s of the Royal Australian Air Force ( R.A.A.F ) Police Dog Squad ( Job description Certified R.A.A.F Police Military Working Dog Handler and trainers) . Certificate IV in Police Dog Training and Handling & Certificate IV in Kennel Management.
- Recipient the Instructors Award while in the R.A.A.F for attitude and dedication to his work and is the recipient of many commendations for his work within the K9 security field both domestic and international.
- Holder of a license to purchase, transport, store and use explosives for the purposes of detection dog training. License number 4968 through Queensland Government Natural Resources and Mines.
- Co-founder for the first explosives license course for dog trainers to hold explosives for training.
- An Australian Certified Trainer / Assessor
- Head Instructor for a Military Presidential K9 Unit. This position entails monitoring the training assessment and ongoing certification of the K9 Unit handlers and Detection dogs and V.I.P. Police trained dogs.
- Internationally Certified Micro Particle Detection Dog Trainer (SOKKS)
- Australian Blue Card Holders
- MISC Card Holder
- Academic Certification – Certified Canine Odour Source Detection Dog Trainer. According to the Internationally Approved Military /Police Standards Certified by the Centre for Behavioural Sciences of Canines.
As part of his Dog Training and Business Career Martin has:
- Has trained, sold dogs and conducted Dog training courses for Overseas Police, Military Forces and Quarantine Services An overseas Presidential K9 Unit as head instructor.
- The Australian Prison System. Drug Detection and Security dog teams.
- Security and Explosive detection dogs for the N.S.W. State Rail Authority & the NSW Department of Education.
- Trained over 25 individually owned Termite Detection Dogs for members of the Pest Control and building industry in Australia, $ Dogs for an Australian Government Department and 2 for overseas clients.
- Trained guard/dog teams for general patrol work.
- Train dogs in the Solomon Islands for Gold Ridge Gold Mines.
- Trained Explosives Detection Dogs for other private Australian Businesses
- Designed Dog training courses and course content for overseas dog Squads
- Trained Explosive Detection Dogs for overseas government departments.
- Trained and Supplied dogs to the Japanese Search and Rescue Association and Japanese Dog School Instructors
- Trained and Supplied Drug Detection Dogs for overseas and Australian clients.
- Trained Many family pets that were lost causes and on the verge of death row.
- Trained dogs for the disabled Wheelchair companions and for the severely disabled.
- Dogs for television starring in Home and Away, Totally Wild, A Current Affair, Today Tonight, Brisbane Extra, Today and The Morning Show
- Trained and implemented the worlds first Termite Detection Dogs for Power Poles for Australia’s Leading Electricity Company
- Trained three teams of 8 Explosives Detection Dogs and handlers for a major international company in three different countries.
- Trained Australia’s First Tiger Quoll Detection Dog
- Trained Australia’s First Bee Disease Detection Dog
- Trained Drug Detection Customs dogs for an Overseas Government Customs Department.
- Has operational Explosives Detection Dogs and Drug Dogs and Handlers at the Port of Brisbane Australia.
- Set up Explosives Handler teams in Jakarta, and consulted in Burma, Philippines and Indonesia.
- And ….